top of page
  • What if my spouse or I am still working when we turn 65?
    If you have a group medical plan available to you when you turn 65 you have the freedom to decide if you want to continue with the group plan (and postpone your Medicare Part B enrollment) or drop the group plan and go onto Medicare now. Sometimes it makes sense to keep the group plan but other times it makes sense to drop it. You should compare the premium and benefit differences to see which is your best option.
  • Does Medicare cover dental, vision or hearing (DVH)?"
    For the most part, no. Medicare Part B does cover some vision-related services such as cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration but they do not cover any routine DVH. You can enroll in a separate plan to help cover your DVH cost.
  • What if I have to move to a long term care facility?
    Medicare pays for skilled nursing days 1-20 in full and helps with days 21-100 but after day 100 you are on your own. The only option for assistance in this scenario would be to pick up a long/short term care policy for nursing home coverage.
  • What happens if I move?
    The answer to this questions depends on the type of plan(s) you have. If you have a Medicare Supplement plan, you can usually continue with the same plan although your price may be adjusted to the new area's pricing. If you have an MA plan you may be terminated from your plan if you move outside of your existing plan's service area (these plans are County specific) but will be given a Special Election Period to enroll in a new plan that is available there. If you have a Part D plan, you are able to continue with the plan as long as you did not move out of state. If you move out of the state you will be terminated from your plan but will be given a Special Election Period to enroll into a new Part D plan available in your new state.
bottom of page